Invisalign® and Invisalign Teen® use a series of clear, removable aligners that are worn securely over your teeth. Since the custom-made Invisalign® aligners are clear, they are designed to allow patients of any age to receive orthodontic treatment discreetly.The Invisalign® system is designed to be convenient and easy to use. During your initial consultation with Dr. Markey, we will review your oral health and determine whether you are a good candidate for Invisalign®. Next, we will use a state of the art digital scanner to create a 3D model of your teeth. This will be used to design and fabricate custom aligners for each stage of your treatment plan. With this model, we can show you approximate results before starting treatment.
During treatment, you will switch to a new aligner every 1-2 weeks, as directed by Dr. Markey. Each aligner is designed to gently guide your teeth toward their final positions.
What are the primary benefits of Invisalign?
- Unlike braces Invisalign is removable, so can be taken out of the mouth to eat, brush and floss. So, your diet and dental hygiene routine can remain the same!
- Invisalign aligners are clear. If you do not wish to have visible wires and brackets on your teeth, this is a great option for you to achieve that amazing smile you deserve!
- Life can be hectic! Because Dr. Markey will program every tooth movement precisely within the Invisalign system, fewer appointments are needed, making this a very efficient and convenient option for straightening your teeth in today’s busy world.
- Because we utilize the latest in 3D technology and intra oral scanning, we can visualize together the outcome you’ll receive with Invisalign before treatment has begun.
The most common time for orthodontic treatment is during teenage years. Permanent teeth have fully developed and issues like an overbite, gaps, and poor alignment become clear. However, your teen may be reluctant to agree to treatment with braces due to any of a wide range of reasons. The most common reasons teens avoid braces include:
- Appearance – the impact of braces on a teen’s appearance can often lead to teasing by peers and reduced self-esteem.
- Restrictions – braces require your teen to give up popcorn, hard and sticky candies, gum, crunchy foods, and more.
- Effort – teeth with braces are more challenging to keep properly clean and healthy.
- Activities – sports, band instruments, and other common activities can be limited or made more difficult when wearing braces.
Invisalign teen® uses a series of clear, custom-fabricated aligners to gently and gradually correct the alignment of your teen’s teeth. Their nearly invisible appearance means most people will not be aware of the treatment.
In most cases, Invisalign teen® can correct issues with your teen’s smile for about the same investment as traditional braces, and generally requires fewer office visits.
Invisalign® and Invisalign Teen® provide a comfortable, convenient, and easy to use orthodontic solution. For more information or to schedule an Invisalign® consultation, contact our office.
Invisalign Patient Care